Mosetlha Bush Camp and Eco Lodge is situated in the Madikwe Game Reserve, South Africa's fourth largest game reserve, a magnificent malaria free area. Madikwe offers you the opportunity to experience the majestic Big Five of Africa and much more. Situated in the North West Province, Madikwe is just a 3½ hour drive from Johannesburg, 1½ hours from Sun City and an hour from Gaborone.
Mosetlha is family owned and run, a rustic and intimate, unfenced Bush Camp situated at the very heart of Madikwe. The simplicity of open fire cooking, no electricity, safari showers (hot water through a boiler) and raised wooden cabins lets you escape real life just for a while and appreciate a genuine bushveld experience.
Bush walks and game drives twice a day through the entire Reserve in open 4x4's with professional guides give you the opportunity to enjoy the fascination of the wilderness and a true safari adventure.
The Ten Eco Lodge Criteria
- Helps conserve the surrounding flora and fauna.
- Tries to work with the local community.
- Offers educational interpretive programs to both its employees and tourists about the surrounding natural and cultural environments.
- Uses alternative, sustainable means of water acquisition and reduces water consumption.
- Provides for careful handling and disposal of solid waste and sewage.
- Meets its energy needs through passive design and renewable energy resources.
- Uses traditional building technology and materials wherever possible and combines these with their modern counterparts.
- During construction has minimal impact on the natural environment.
- Blends with local physical and cultural environment through careful attention to form, landscaping and colour, as well as the use of local traditional architecture.
- Contributes to sustainable local community development through education programs and research.